So here's a wee bit of what I've been up to -
First off there was Mr. Cardinal. He just looked too nice and I couldn't put my finger on what wasn't working. Finally after retrying with a slightly different approach (colored cardstock, ink and paint) I had my eureka moment. It's the eyes. Now just to be precise I knew it was the eyes I just didn't know what to do about it.
Here's also some of my other experiments
The last experiment reunited me with my white ink
I've been having fun with that stuff!
I've also been working on this big guy.
I think I'm close to being done. Sometimes the hardest part is knowing when to stop.
Granted I've changed my mind and redone parts of this piece so many times......